Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Silly-guri

That night we dined in Siliguri at Hotel Ranjit. The place was filled with big Marvadi families with dozens of spoiled, wailing kids. Ducky and I settled down to enjoy some beer, tandoori chicken and fish tikkas. However, it was not to be. The fish was a letdown and I got a few disapproving looks from the women around. Virtuous women do not guzzle beer around these parts apparently. Not that I really gave a rat's arse. One kid came and stared at me (the sinner) with her kohl-filled eyes until I began toying with the idea of issuing her some kind of threat of bodily harm. Fortunately (for her), she lost interest and wandered off to hammer a table with a pepper shaker. I was entertaining all sorts of images of permanently destroying the little wretch, when even nature decided it had tolerated more than enough. The child simply toppled over and whammed her mouth against the table. I had to restrain myself from standing up and applauding. Her bleeding mouth and loud wails finally caught the attention of her so-far unconcerned mother. We decided this was a good time to vamoose from the place. Please note: My maternal instincts have obviously not kicked in even now.

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha...I really thought you would change after marriage. Heck, what did I know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahem! if u were eyed askance for guzzling beer, i would've been reduced to burning embers for daring to light a fire! :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come to my Yoga Peet in Hardiwar, my child. I will let you drink anything you want.
    Love,
    Ramdev..Baba Ramdev

    ReplyDelete

I have an opinion and so should you! Leave your bouquets, brickbats and battle axes here, preferably in a language I can understand. If coyness gets the better of you, then email me (emailbasicallyblah@gmail.com).